FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 24 Hour Refund Policy - Beware!
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2018, 6:32 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
Originally Posted by RideThe22A
As I understand it, US law requires that tickets purchased directly from airlines may be cancelled within 24 hours for a full refund. In fact, the SAS website states “A journey booked on flysas.com within the last 24 hours can be cancelled online through "Find/change booking." Retrieve your reservation and select "Cancel booking" at the bottom. The money will be refunded to your account/credit card within 3-4 business days.”

Well apparently there are very few "business days" at the SAS refund department in Rutherford NJ. I called one afternoon and a recording advised that they only work in the morning and advised me to send an email to inquire as to the status of my refund. I did that, and did so again the next day. Received "read" receipts for both, but not the courtesy of a reply or even acknowledgment. After about two weeks, I opened a "dispute" claim with my credit card company and finally SAS processed the refund rather than face legal consequences.

I used to think SAS was a reputable company, but I now have serious doubts. You've been warned.
My experience is the opposite. SAS has always as far as I can remember had 24 hour cancellation policy, also outside the US.

Last year there was a sale and I booked eight legs one way to lock in the price. The following day, I cancelled six of them. Also, as I book for several other people in an organisation, I've cancelled about ten bookings the last year, all within 24 hours, and all without a hitch. Payment has always been within one to three business days.