FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF sector on RTW ticket
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2018, 2:23 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sykes
Are you reading the same RTW fare rules I am? YRWSTAR1 (for example LAX-LAX) looks like it isn't combinable with much of anything at all:

As such, with those fare rules, basically anything that isn't on the RTW fare would need to be on a separate ticket. You could theoretically have multiple tickets in the same PNR to make interlining bags across multiple tickets easier, but doing so tends to confuse agents and makes everything else about the itinerary harder to manage.

Ultimately, I think your life is going to be a lot easier if you just accept the LAX transfer.
Wow, that's surprising. Apparently the rules are less restrictive for the cheaper fare (?). I had pulled up CRWSPCL, which lists "SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED WITH NO RESTRICTIONS." But when I looked at CRWSTAR1, I see the same thing you do -- side trips not permitted.

It's going to be really difficult to do an IAH RTW via Australia for under 26,000 miles though... and end-on-end is not permitted, so you wouldn't be able to tack on IAH-EWR or something to start the trip.

So, yes, I agree -- it looks like the realistic options are an LAX transit or a separate ticket on QF.

As for the ability to route on a non-*A carrier; the fare rules attempt to disallow non-*A codeshares, and they do require *A codes. So, the only way to route it on QF would be if you could find a *A codeshare for that leg that hadn't been explicitly excluded.