FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House Irvine/SNA
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2018, 12:16 am
chicaloca453

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I stayed at this property when it first opened. At the time they had a lot of bugs to work out. For example, the TV's were in front of the AC controls. That made it impossible to see what the temperature setting was without taking a picture on the phone so you could see the current setting. It was very annoying. I went back and the second time it was fixed. I also find the housekeeping staff very pushy. As a globalist who typically takes advantage of the 4 pm checkout, I find myself getting knocks hourly even with the DND sign hanging. My biggest pet peeve for any hotel is for housekeeping to knock with the DND sign out because you never now when someone is sleeping to prepare for a red eye or to catch up after coming in from another time zone or just because you're not feeling well. The overzealous housekeeping though is a consistent problem at all SNA area hotels, and it needs to be taken care of. My final time staying there a male employee even tried to enter my room with the DND sign out and me repeatedly saying no and late checkout. That's completely unacceptable. Finally I find front desk staff inconsistent. For example some insist delivery drivers (POSTMATES ETC) wait in the lobby even when the guest says come up while others let them come right up. I prefer the latter because if I'm ordering takeout, then I'm in the middle of something and I can't leave. The rooms are clean and nice, but I'm in no hurry to return mainly because of the overzealous housekeepers.