FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which 3rd party site to use? Or avoid altogether?
Old May 26, 2018, 12:38 pm
Bianca Donolo

Which 3rd party site to use? Or avoid altogether?

Normally, I book directly with the airline, but for my March ‘19 trip from YVR-SJO (Costa Rica) the best and most affordable flights seem to be through Interjet, and their website doesn’t show that itinerary as an option. I can book a round trip YVR-MEX and another MEX-SJO separately but then the price ends up being higher than what I find looking at Skyscanner. And frankly, it’s a bit of a pain in the butt. I see a lot of options for the Interjet itinerary I want with many of the usual suspects, Cheapo Air, FlightHub, Exploretrip, Travelocity, but the scathing reviews and constant warnings to book direct with airlines has me feeling hesitant. I often use 3rd party booking sites for hotels and have rarely encountered any problems, and those always seem to have a lot of bad reviews as well, so I do take that with a grain of salt.

That said, does anyone have any advice on which 3rd party seller of the ones I mentioned are the most reputable? Or are they all just so bad that it’s not worth it? Any input about Interjet would be appreciated as well.