Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Which 3rd party site to use? Or avoid altogether?

Old May 26, 18, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Normally, I book directly with the airline, but for my March Ď19 trip from YVR-SJO (Costa Rica) the best and most affordable flights seem to be through Interjet, and their website doesnít show that itinerary as an option. I can book a round trip YVR-MEX and another MEX-SJO separately but then the price ends up being higher than what I find looking at Skyscanner. And frankly, itís a bit of a pain in the butt. I see a lot of options for the Interjet itinerary I want with many of the usual suspects, Cheapo Air, FlightHub, Exploretrip, Travelocity, but the scathing reviews and constant warnings to book direct with airlines has me feeling hesitant. I often use 3rd party booking sites for hotels and have rarely encountered any problems, and those always seem to have a lot of bad reviews as well, so I do take that with a grain of salt.

That said, does anyone have any advice on which 3rd party seller of the ones I mentioned are the most reputable? Or are they all just so bad that itís not worth it? Any input about Interjet would be appreciated as well.
Old May 28, 18, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Try calling the airline to ask them to put together the flights you want on the same ticket.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: