FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - way to get fare down for EWR-BOM, such as starting from another eastern airport?
Old May 25, 2018, 6:43 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by soxfanndc
Hi there everyone. I spent a bit searching for this on an existing thread but did not find it so PLEASE forgive me if this is a dupe. I fly United about once a year or so but I want to purchase a r/t Biz Class to BOM. I live in DC but don't mind "repositioning" to a diff city to get a better fare. I have two questions please (oh, and I'd like to book the EWR-BOM portion on United if I can)
1. i can leave out of any city West of the Mississippi really, any city known to have slightly better fares so then I can do XXX-EWR-BOM?
2) I curr have about 40,000 miles on United. Is there any tool I can use to shave some $ off the fare (I don't care much about earning miles if that's a consideration)?
thanks for any helpful input and safe travels.
What's the best price you have found so far, and how much are you looking to pay?

If award space is available on UA or its partners (or on any of AA's partners), you might explore the cost of just buying the miles you need directly from AA or UA when they run a mileage sale.