FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade to Business Class on Domestic Connection T5
Old May 25, 2018, 2:43 pm
cvm0093

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Kestrelflyer Silver, FlyingBlue & Expedia+
Originally Posted by Schnitzel Von Krumm
Hi. I am flying WTP from YYC via LHR connecting to NCL. When I booked my ticket with BA online I was not given the option for anything other than ET class on the LHR to NCL leg. I wasn't fussed at the time as I had a short layover and the connecting flight is a very short hop. However BA have since cancelled my original connecting flight and now I face a 5 hour layover for the replacement flight with 2 tired children in tow. So now I would like to upgrade my ET ticket to business and use the lounge at LHR however my online booking will not allow this unless I upgrade my first leg to CW. Is this a BA policy to keep the riff raff out of the lounges or can I try and upgrade at the airport when we check in? I have no status with BA.

Thanks.
As mentioned above your best bet is an AUP on the day, you could do this in the transfers area in T5 (to the right of the boarding pass scanning area to go back up to security, where there is loads of desks) or possibly after security at Customer Services on the ground floor. You'll see an islands style of desks I believe it's called customer service south.

Or ring up your ticket issuer and do it by the phone to be certain as they have more control over single elements of the booking.