FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need Guidance on ORD to BCN Award flights
Old May 25, 2018, 12:40 am
Brostman

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Duke787
Locking yourself into F is what is limiting you.

LH is the only *A offering to Europe that offers F to UAMP and as you note you will be limited to T-14 so you are taking a big risk there. UA no longer offers F and LX only offers F to partners in error (and in many instances that error has been quickly caught and resulted in LX canceling the fare):

From a Chase UR perspective, if F is a requirement you can either:

1) Transfer to BA and do BA F on ORD - LHR - BCN (plus the $cam charges that BA will charge) but BA F is certainly not worth the extra miles and cash vs. business class (even UA)

2) Transfer to SQ and do ORD - JFK (paid) // JFK - FRA (SQ F) - BCN (LH J)

If you are willing to entertain the possibility of J you have a few more options:

1) All the *A partners that fly J to Europe (OS/LX/LO/UA/LH/SN/AC) either via Europe or Canada (Air Canada only)

2) Transfer UR --> Avios to redeem on the ORD - BCN flight on AA in J (if available) or on the ORD - BCN flight on Iberia

3) Transfer UR --> Aeroplan for LH F (but same T-14 issue)
Duke787...... thanks for the insight. I was unaware that LX did not allow *A partners access to F. AA's ORD-BCN flight appears to be seasonal, as I see the route currently but do not see it for 04/2019. I will check into Iberia for a direct flight.