FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting from the airport to the hotel in India
Old May 24, 2018, 3:56 pm
desi

In post #7 above, in response to question by piyush you had stated that you were being quoted INR 4800 for Agra airport to Agra hotel. Thats about 75 USD or so.
15 USD though more than quadruple what it should be,, in your shoes I would gladly pay that. Agra airport is not a regular airport in the sense that it is more of a military air base. Number of civil commercial flight it gets in a day can be counted using fingers of ONE hand. To me, having someone reliable meeting me at the airport in a foreign country especially at an airport that hardly receive any other flights is definitely worth a Hamilton.

Most people giving you advice about pre-paid booth or Meru booth may not realize that you are asking about Agra. (Their advice is totally correct for Delhi or other similar airports. Lot easier to use pre-paid or something else that has a booth rather than uber/ola or an arranged pickup). Key at Agra is to make sure that you will indeed get picked up.

If you share what hotel are you plan to stay at in Agra, someone here might be able to help (in terms of reliability and/or reasonable pickup fare)

If you have noticed either on this board or at TA, not many people fly into Agra. Agra is more like MCE near your homebase in terms of pax traffic

Last edited by desi; May 24, 2018 at 4:03 pm