FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]
Old May 23, 2018, 4:16 pm
beltway

Originally Posted by beltway
Ran into a problem today when trying to add my wife's Ink Plus account as a transfer-to card for my Freedom card: message to the effect that "This card is not eligible at this time" or some such. That's different from the common "unexpected error" message when trying to add a new transfer-to card less than 24 hours after deleting the previous one.

I've made this same transfer plenty of times in recent years with no trouble--in fact, did a small one a week ago. (Can't recall if I deleted the association after the transfer or left it in place; certainly wasn't there today.) Double-checked that there are no other associations in either direction to/from the Ink+.

I did turn up sporadic mentions of this same error in the past, as reported on FT, Reddit, and a few other places, but did not see any consistent explanation for what's causing it.

Thoughts? Is there some points-combination frequency threshold--new or existing--that I just tripped accidentally? I'm at a loss to think of anything else that could have prompted this error message.
Originally Posted by mia
The oldest mention that I find of this error message is from 2014, and the poster mentioned making the same transfer a few days previously. which would support the frequency conjecture.

However, the most recent mention is just a few posts back in this thread, and the circumstances seem to be different.
I called & spoke to a Chase supervisor today about this. Short version: she was baffled.

Longer version: She could see that I'd done identical transfers in recent months, and (like me) she was unable to link the transfer-to account (my DW's) to my own UR account.

She did say something about recent policy changes for the Ink cards (here, the receiving account), but when she looked at the specifics she was unable to find anything relevant.

In what may be related news, I thought I'd try combining points indirectly (my Freedom -> my Ink Cash -> DW's Ink+). Went into my consumer (Freedom) account & linked to the Ink Cash, then logged out & checked the latter. My 1 experimental point had transfered just fine--and the UR interface suddenly had my Ink Cash card linked to ... my Ink Cash card [sic]. This seems like a very bad omen, as I assume it indicates Chase has been monkeying around with the code that implements rules for linking UR accounts.