FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old May 23, 2018, 4:11 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Not necessarily in fact. Also, can't see any extra pain in that compared to walking in any crowded street in Bkk.
At the same price or less there are much nicer hotels in Bangkok. The service is meh compared to excellent at other Starriott properties and walking outside is not like walking outside near the other properties. The cruddy, sparse two hour Creative drinks and apps is an embarrassment compared to the all day full service lounges at the other properties and the breakfast is at best no better than those other properties. While I understand there are fans, for a first time visitor concerned about getting around it is absolutely the wrong property. And this is the only property where people showed me pictures of female wrestling contenders I could watch inside a bar as I walked to the BTS one night. Compared to the quiet, clean nice takeouts one passes between the Soi 57 Marriott and the BTS or the park-like wide sidewalks outside the StR and CY and it is hard to say that what happens outside the LM is like walking in any other street in BKK.