FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the official SWISS Lurker
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2018, 2:17 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by jontam
Hi,
I am flying Swiss Air for the first time with a transit through Bangkok from a different Star Alliance airline. Anyone knows if Swiss has a transfer desk at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport? I am flying on Singapore Air to Bangkok with a 2 hours layover to Swiss Air. I hope there is a transfer desk otherwise it could be very tight to make it through immigration in and out, and check in at the departure hall to get the boarding pass even though I won't have any check-in luggage.

Or could I print the Swiss Air boarding pass online so I don't need to bother with the transfer desk and proceed to the departure gate after security check?
If you're travelling on one ticket, you'll receive your boarding passes for the BKK-ZRH segment at the checkin counter in SIN, too.

If you're travelling on two tickets, having done online checkin beforehand, and having a valid boarding pass in hand will help to make the transfer easier indeed. While there will be some transfer facilities available, it most certainly won't be fun when you arrive on a relatively tight schedule to have to queue up at a generic counter.

Personally, I'd not do a 2hrs transit on two tickets in BKK. Especially with a long haul flight afterwards (which might mean that alternative transport would be difficult and expensive to organize)