FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the official SWISS Lurker
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2018, 12:46 pm
Wtravel

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by asimha
More rants about poor service at Swiss.

Travelling back from Hamburg last week with a colleague, we arrived at Hamburg airport early and asked at the gate if we could board the earlier flight to ZRH which the gate agent accepted.
As we were waiting for push back I received an email from Swiss telling us that we had now been rebooked for the next day morning flight at 07:30 from ZRH to GVA for no valid reason.

We called Swiss and they told us:

1) Sorry flight to GVA LX2818 at 22:35 has been cancelled
2) The previous flight from ZRH at 20:50 is full
3) We have rebooked you for the next day
4) Check with Transit in ZRH for your hotel accommodations!

We asked the MC of our HAM ZRH flight to send a message in flight to Swiss Ops which she did with no reply from LX OPS during the flight.
We arrived in ZRH and ran for 10 minutes to the gate of the 20:50 flight to GVA to be told that they could not put us on board without instructions from the Transit Desk.
We ran back to the Transit Desk and after insisting heavily, they managed to get us a Stand By boarding pass.
We ran to gate A73 and managed to board the flight just before they closed the door.

To add to the frustration ... LX2818 did fly after all at 22:35 !!

Is this really necessary; is this how you treat high revenue passengers; no assistance, no logical rebooking, just unnecessary stress and ZERO customer service.

I feel much better after ranting
Use one of the flight tracker apps, like I assume many FTlers do. That way you usually know what the aircraft is up to way before it even leaves towards your location. Some carriers, including budget, even give you links. Relying on LX communication compared to that is, in my experience, pretty useless, even their targeted sms/mails are usually too little way too late (e.g., what is the point of telling me the check in deadline has been extended due to an incoming flight delay if that message is sent at the time the check in would have ordinarily closed!).

Can‘t understand why they cannot do a better job on this other than because they don‘t want to make the required investments in their IT, which when it comes to interfacing with customers is pretty mediocre. This short-sightedness is sure to bite them at some stage...