FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old May 22, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyingBeanCounter

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
As a X4/M0, I hope publishing the levels will make hotels pay attention and prioritize upgrades. I know that when a hotel knows what X4 means, I usually get a very good upgrade. When they don't, not so much.

On the SPG side, I haven't seen anyone here in the SPG Board indicate that a FD agent can see the difference between a P50/P75/P100 so I don't know if they are used to prioritizing one group for upgrades over another.

I worry about the "select suites" term. In the Marriott world, as a Platinum Premier, I am often upgraded to excellent suites when they recognize I am an X4. In the SPG world, I've only been upgraded beyond a "select suite" at one hotel where I have stayed several times. In other SPG hotels, they seem to describe corner rooms as a "select suite" and would rather leave suites empty than upgrade a Plat.
SPG was really good about this as well. Many hotels (particularly in asia) were exceptional to us when we traveled as a family. I tend to think the 75 or 100 matters a lot when upgrades come around. I noticed a distinct difference when I was 50 nights to 75 or 100. Between 75 and 100 not so much.

What is funny here is that the people who will obtain LTPP keep saying "don't worry, it means nothing". Very easy to say when one is not at risk for an arbitrary decision. To put it another way - if they allowed us non-qualifiers to qualify there would be no issue. Between the two groups I would bet that the group still chasing qualification is larger.