FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2018, 2:35 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Could you give us more info on why/if you have a particular reason to think so? Is it what the crew actually said? I'd like it to be true (I don't like Castelnau but like Monopole even less!) but many flights seem to have both served which strikes me as unlikely in the case of a supply issue where you'd expect the regular supply to run out first then the alternative used as back up or so I'd think?
Originally Posted by Sealink
Crew member mentioned that they think there could be a change of supplier.

The first bottle offered was Monopole, followed by Castelnau. After the Monopole, I found the Castelnau had a strange and slightly jarring aftertaste.

PS - offered three choices of main course this evening, BHD-LHR.
I've taken a couple more CE flights since my last post with a similar experience. First flight had both Castelnau and Monopole being served, and on the LHR-MAN only Castelnau.

I have no insider knowledge on the reason for the appearance of Monopole. I suspect it may only be a supply issue, when BA makes these sorts of changes there is often a press release or a staffer will post on here. There were insolvency issues surrounding one of BA's wine suppliers a few weeks ago resulting in some supply issues. You will recall the outrage when the LPGS bottles ran dry in the CCR and on board some flights; there were several reports of the wines offered on board were different to those listed on the menu.

Galley FM was that they thought it a supply issue rather than a permanent change. Time will tell.