FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2018, 3:38 pm
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Just completed a two night stay here as gold. I had to use my free night certs. My property of choice in Tokyo is the Andaz Tokyo and I have also stayed at the Grand Hyatt and Park Hyatt in Tokyo for some comparisons. I used the app checkin which gave me a choice of two rooms total. Neither was an upgrade. Upon checking in I asked if an upgrade was available and I was able to get upgraded and obtain lounge access. The only trade off was that I had to give up the king size bed and accept two smaller beds instead. A small sacrifice to obtain a nicer room and lounge access. The room felt slightly dated. I've been in several high end hotels which much more modern fixtures. Everything was in working order and clean but it just felt half a step behind the competition when it came to the fixtures. The view was ok but mostly of nearby building. The view at the Andaz was much better. That being said the view if you are facing the water looks like it would be amazing based on the view from the executive lounge. The lounge wasn't too crowded most of the time. It did fill up during breakfast but there were still seats available. The breakfast offerings were a bit lacking but there was a chef to cook omelettes/scramble eggs etc. The snacks during the cocktail hour were alright. The latest checkout they could give me was 1pm.

The staff in the lounge was good and gave me some solid recommendations for different types of japanese food as well as logistics advice. Felt they did a better job with this than the other properties I have stayed at in Tokyo with really going out of their way to find the best restaurant for the type of food and price range and times I was looking for. In terms of location I was much happier than with some other properties. Here there is a metro stop literally right outside the door and the hotel is located right between ginza and shimbashi. Shimbashi is a good area for nightlife as its where the office workers go after a long day and even on a Sat night there were a ton of people around. More of a local vibe than tripping over tourists in shinjuku. This was not a bad property at all and for using my two free nights I felt like it was an outstanding return.

Last edited by Red259; May 21, 2018 at 4:38 pm