FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old May 21, 2018, 12:26 pm
yugi

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
The article's source comes from one of Apple's VP's, who most likely don't know the real statistics. Do they really receive data from another company's mobile wallet usage? Probably not. I have a feeling Samsung Pay is used more often than Apple Pay is in the states because it has MST. Overall, mobile wallet payments in the states is abysmal, but our society tends to resist joining the 21st century, with exception to the latest and greatest smartphone (without using mobile wallet).

Folks who carry a U.S Bank Altitude Reserve card (at least if they're smart), will open up their opportunities by using Samsung Pay to get their bonus points.
I doubt that Samsung pay is used more often. When I try to use it everybody usually says "Oh, Apple Pay doesn't work here". And I reply: "This is Samsung Pay, that's why it will work here". But mostly people don't even know that Samsung pay exist at all.
I don't even carry my AR card with me, it's in Samsung and Google Pay apps.