FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Award Booking in J to Asia
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2018, 9:39 am
emofeng

My Award Booking in J to Asia

Hi.

I will be headed to Macau, Hong Kong and Taipei(in that order) the week before Thanksgiving with my SO. Based in SFO, there are quiet a bit of nonstop flights. What would you guys recommend in J for "good use of miles"? I've tried OZ J, BR J and SQ F recently, so I figure I'd try something new?

Points wise, here is what I have:
UR - ~500K
MR - ~220K
UA - ~250K
SPG - ~200K
AS - ~200K

- the first thing I thought about when I knew of this trip was. Great, CX J SFO-HKG(stopover + Macau)-TPE using AS, but I've looked on the BA website and there is no availability for my dates. I know EVA flies to Macau, so I tried using UA's site to book SFO-TPE-MFM, but there is also no availability as well. I also tried SFO-HKG via UA on the Polaris route, but no saver awards available.

Question: If I want to fly CX J from SFO-HKG(stopover + Macau)-TPE-HKG-SFO, is my only option to transfer MR to Asia Miles? Would this be a "good use of miles"? I don't know much about Asia Mile redemption.

Last edited by emofeng; May 21, 2018 at 9:41 am Reason: Found that Asia Miles will allow a stopover on roundtrip awards