FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA just tried to up sell me CE on the CityFlyer to LCY
Old May 20, 2018, 3:01 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Have got 2D for both flights and TS has now kicked in so currently have an empty seat next to me although I’m not expecting that to stick on either of these flights. Reading through some of the other LCY & E190 threads, this seems to be one of the most favourite seats. Have I chosen well? Are there still the two odd aircraft with different seat plans to the majority of the E190 fleet (row 1 CD)?

And what will be for breakfast in CE?
2D is a splendid seat, but so is 2C and at some point another Goldie may well be tempted by moving in on it. It's a 50/50 in my view, but Mondays and Thursdays you're more likely to lose 2C since the flights will be quite busy. Very similar and very good hot breakfast to CE, you won't be left hungry. Now, be a devil and turn up at GLA / LCY with an hour or less before departure. And use the saved 2 hours (probably 3 in your case) for something more productive. For LCY you really should not arrive too early, just head to the boarding gate about 18 minutes before departure.