FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old May 19, 2018, 3:29 pm
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
I am still puzzled by the LTPP/LTP scenarios.

I will have 500 nights (400 SPG/100 Marriott) by the end of the year. Alas, I did them too fast and only will have 5/6 years of platinum (depending on the marriott situation). Does this mean that I will never get LTPP unless I earn it during the year? If that is the case, then that is a massive disincentive to me completing the final five years for lifetime platinum.

I could easily do another 500-600 in Stariott over the next four years. Why would I focus them on starriott if they aren't going to offer the chance to be the highest level at the end? I appreciate they want to reward those that have been loyal, but they are risking us who still actually put BIB on a regular basis I think.
I was you 4 years ago...unfortunately for someone like you (I was in the same boat) the go-forward LT plan is more like SPG, with needing the 10 years of Plat, and cutting out a lot of the non-BiB ways to get tons of nights for heavy travelers/spenders.

You may want to look at Hyatt if you can get Globalist and can work with their footprint...have the new Marriott card for 15 nights a year, stay 35 (to get an annual Plat year) and look at greener pastures if you want to diversify. Hilton could be another option, though of course you can basically get top tier free w/the credit card.