FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old May 19, 2018, 10:52 am
Willbur

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
10. Question on the "floater certificates" being canceled and points redeposited into the account on Aug 1st. Does this include outstanding Marriott Travel packages here: Flight and Hotel Packages Marriott Hotel Packages
Floater certificates, including outstanding Marriott Travel Packages, will be cancelled and converted to equivalent points, credited to the member’s account for future redemption. <added by Starwood Lurker 18May18>
Originally Posted by echino
I have a 7-night category 1-5 Marriott certificate from the travel package. Are you saying I will receive 150,000 Marriott points for it, to use for anything I want?
First confirmation I've seen about the travel packages converting to actual points and not points-equivalent cert of the same 7-night restriction so I'm very interested in the response to the above question from echino. Category 1-5 7-night certs have an assigned value of 45k points on the backend which is 6 nights at category 1 value (7.5k x 6) but clearly this is not what would be returned since that would go from being able to book 7 nights at Category 5 to being two nights at prior Category 5 overnight.

The lack of transparency with this is frustrating since I have two current travel packages and what's going to occur and when significantly impacts my travel plans.