FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air LAX to MXP Cancelled?
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2018, 6:30 am
klanfa

Originally Posted by dss
Hi, I’m in a similar unfortunate boat. Our flight home map->lax was cancelled with the only alternative on the same day I can find being cdg to oak (oak is actually preferable for us) but getting to cdg would required $1300 in new money (family of four traveling).

any thoughts on how to approach Norwegian here? I should add that Norwegian hasn’t actually contacted about this yet (flight is in late June) and I’m tempted to leave it alone until the 2 week mark when they have to offer compensation but prob won’t since I don’t want to risk their aother options filling up. Thanks for any thoughts or advice!
If getting to CDG from Milan (MXP/BGY/LIN) requires $1300 in new money, you're doing something wrong. $500-ish sounds like the most it should take, and that's assuming you get to CDG a day early and pay for a hotel night there. It's anywhere between $20 and $50 per person to get on an Easyjet direct flight MXP-CDG in late June, and $100ish on AF.
If they cancelled your MXP-LAX flight, it would be reasonable to expect them to put you on CDG-OAK instead. You could call Norwegian and ask that question, and see what they say.