FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nothing "super" about SE status
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2018, 4:53 am
SquidsIn

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
If you are a 75K or a 50K there is a co-pay on those international upgrades. SE has the advantage of no co-pay on international upgrades, larger window to request upgrades, higher upgrade priority, concierge access to facilitate SDC to a flight that does have upgrade space (if your route allows).

I had an upgrade clear then taken away from me at the gate last year YYZ-GRU, I was pissed, but it is what it is. I didn't get any compensation (should I have? I paid for O, I got O).
From a customer service POV, it's shoddy, why upgrade someone and then take it away for laughs? It's like the DYKWIA thread and the man who wanted chicken compared to the poster who was SE and asked for chicken as well so the low/non-status man got pissy as he got the last one due to status, the FA should've asked the SEs first for their choices before asking low/non-status flyers.

I've flown AC J a couple of times, it's better than BA but not EK levels of good, I'll be flying AC a lot in the coming months and what I've read so far, I'm not looking forward to if they screw up such basic things and I'll have no issue providing feedback there and then to them.