Nothing "super" about SE status

Old May 22, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Tit/LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Enterprise Gold, UA*S, Accor Gold, Hz 5*
Concierge service for an SE flying on a latitude pass is quite valuable. Once comp up'd to J it provides a lot of flexibility. Not sure if res could do the same magic for an E75K or lower.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
Replying to the comment about phone/email access to the concierge
Cow was referring to my referring to my standard comment that the Concierge program is failing, because your chance of having them actually answer the phone is declining.

In IRROPS, you used to be able to call and get help within minutes. Now, you call a central number, of generally inexperienced people, if they answer the call at all They call airport concierge's (who are now mostly generally unexperienced), who are usually too busy doing other things to help you.

So in IRROPS, the service used to be useful. Now, barely, IMHO. And AC doesn't seem to care.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
And AC doesn't seem to care.
There is $14/hr worth of care! https://ca.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=689bdbd68c546651&from=serp
Old May 22, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by RangerNS
There is $14/hr worth of care! https://ca.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=689bdbd68c546651&from=serp
So itll improve next Jan 1st? Lets face it the case concierge program basically allows SE access to contact people able to fix the stuff that ACs systems dont allow.

At least, when one can contact them.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by jc94

So itll improve next Jan 1st? Lets face it the case concierge program basically allows SE access to contact people able to fix the stuff that ACs systems dont allow.
But I think most of us agree that with $14 hr people, many of them don't know how to fix the things .... and yet, they work at the airport.

I really don't find much value in SE anymore.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I really don't find much value in SE anymore.
I do.

Its because there is the 'Concierge Program' (ie the new centralized call centre), then there is the 'CONCIERGE PROGRAM' (ie the people located in each airport, many of whom have been there for a long time and actually do know how to get things done....many of whom know me).

It is the latter CONCIERGE PROGRAM where I continue to see and experience the value...the new format, not so much.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bottom line: still much worse if you don't have SE status...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.