FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA just tried to up sell me CE on the CityFlyer to LCY
Old May 17, 2018, 3:00 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Formally no, I'm sure you can get a second sub 150 ml slosh of tea, but the way it works on EDI-LCY is that the operating time is about 45 minutes or so. There are 2 cabin crew, the senior crew member will typically look after the CE passengers until they are done, and then if time / demand permits move to ET. On that sector it's probably the last 20 minutes or less of the flight if breakfast, maybe a bit more if mid afternoon. By this stage the ET trolley is usually about half way down the ET cabin, maybe a bit more. So as you can see the rear of ET - usually less busy - tends to be served rather late and it's very difficult to get a second tea at that point. Rationing is more by dint of the time remaining, more than anything else. What you can do, quite easily, is ask for (e.g.) a tea and a sparkling water at the first stage, and so you can get towards 300ml of fluid that way. But in practical terms you would not easily get 2 cups of tea one after the other. Very occasionally - on an E190 on that route, the last few passengers will only be allowed a quick cold drink since the flight crew may have called on descent. I doubt it happens on E170.
Ah, I see what you mean. I would rarely feel the need for a second drink when the fly is so short that the crew struggle to complete the service (and would. I must say, feel somewhat guilty from distracting the crew onto a second drink when this might contribute to hamper their providing proper service for those at the far end at the back) but, of course, we are all different and have different preferences and inclinations.