FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA just tried to up sell me CE on the CityFlyer to LCY
Old May 16, 2018, 9:44 am
cupsandsaucers

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, since I like the extra seat space on E170 and E190s in particular in the front row (2C and 2D on E190s). On longer flights the BACF hot meals are reasonably good, and at least in theory I would have an extra 32 kgs of luggage checked in. I also like having more than one cup of tea per flight, ideally not served in a 150ml paper cup. All for a fairly modest fare uplift (generally below £60 on that particular route). Furthermore, and this is the strongest argument, SDC allows me to change and on the EDI service the ET cabin is often filled up, whereas normally CE will have the space for an SDC change on the night, perhaps an unintended consequence of Theoretical Seating.

Clearly it isn't worth it for you, equally I find it odd how some people spend vast sums of money on shoes / brand label clothing / handbags that cost hundreds of pounds plus / cars / nights out on the town / public school fees for the kids. Are they bonkers? I don't think I'm quite that judgemental. Luckily we now have the choice - until quite recently we didn't.
How many business travelers are taking 32 KILOS of luggage to and from LCY? (As LCY serves mostly business PAX).
Until recently we didn't need the choice. Because BA fed all her PAX.