FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight cancelled, what to do?
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2018, 12:40 am
joe_miami
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mattack4000
No reason provided, they just cancelled it. I think it was one of those snowball delays up and down the east coast, plane never made it here.
Ah, the East Coast storm. Unfortunately, JetBlue isn't responsible for weather-related cancellations, so hotel/meals won't be reimbursed. Did you happen to book the ticket on a credit card with travel insurance (e.g., Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Reserve, et al.)?

You can't even get a hold of their customer service, they automatically book me in a plane 24 hours later. They gave me a nice EMS middle space after I bought an aisle one too.
Where are you and where are you trying to go? JetBlue is a great airline, but troubles can arise when cancellations occur, since JetBlue has fewer flights than AA, DL, and UA, and JetBlue has no interline agreements. It's possible that the flight 24 hours later is the next available flight, either because it's a once-daily route or because earlier flights are sold out. (The middle seat is likely due to today's cancelled passengers being rebooked, which can cause sold-out flights for several days into the future.)

Having a trip delayed is never fun, but sometimes there's just nothing the airlines can do.