FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Invest 56 Nights To Make Lifetime Plat, worth it or not?
Old May 15, 2018, 9:33 am
phltraveler

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
I wonder if 3 rooms per night stays at SPG legacy brands between Aug 1 and Dec 31 2018 will count as 3 elite night credits? I hope it would. OP to be clear if you want to hit LTP with 500 nights only SPG legacy brands count until Dec 31. You cannot use Marriott brands or combine your lifetime MR nights. You would need 600 nights if you combine.
Given the reply by Starwood Lurker in the wikipost here and the fact that all points will be converted, I would venture that the answer of points credit for up to three rooms and nights credit for only one is the likely reality come August first.

OP has three possibilities:
  1. He qualifies under legacy SPG Plat criteria of 500 nights + 10 years as plat. This would require 56 nights solely in SPG (not MR + SPG combined) before end of 2018.
  2. He qualifies under new merged MR criteria of 600 nights + 10 years as plat. This would require 156 nights in MR + SPG combined, and would not have to be earned before the end of 2018.
  3. He qualifies for a higher level of status (Lifetime Platinum Premier) at the criteria of 750 nights + 10 years as plat. This would require a combined MR + SPG activity of 750 nights before 2018 ends. Once 2019 comes, it will be impossible to earn Lifetime Platinum Premier.