FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Maui Restaurants" Thread
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2018, 9:35 am
jw3putt

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum 3mm, Starwood Gold
Mama's

Originally Posted by rbAA
So, Mama's is still good or at least reasonable? It's been decades since I was last in Maui (usually went to the GH Kauai and bodysurfing near Princeville so knew most of the local eateries there especially Hanalei.) We're doing the Westin timeshare deal-6 days/5 nights on Kaanapali with rental car for $647 last week of August. I remember some of the restaurants around there being so-so but expensive. Any recent, recommendations, especially any Thai as my GF is Thai and she usually defaults to that. She's from Surin so likes to stay out of the sun, not a swimmer, and boats can be a little scary for her, so I'll have to figure out some non-beach activites besides the timeshare presentation. Your upcountry suggestion seemed to fit in well here. I know, should probably just have taken her to Phuket.
Mama's is GREAT and will equal or exceed a preconceived conception of the ambiance and look of the ultimate Hawaiian restaurant. How ever, it is not reasonable with entree prices around $40 plus. Well worth it! Reservations should be made well in advance.