FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the official SWISS Lurker
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2018, 2:39 am
swiss_global

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Dear LXLurker

Currently at TXL SEN Lounge booked on LX977/13MAY to ZRH. We should depart in a few minutes, but no plane ... TXL airport has no information (flight shows ontime ...), LH has no information since they cannot access your IT ..., Flightaware shows aircraft has not yet departed ZRH, so I guess boarding is not imminent.

I know it's not your job to inform pax about flight delays, but it seems to be nobody's job ... Any info? If no, why not?

Edit/update#1: At departure time, the airport info screens now show a 2h05' delay. Ground staff still clueless, stating they could also only read out the airport info screens ...

Update#2: Now, 20' after scheduled departure time they made the very first PA announcement, saying that the plane has departed ZRH now and our flight should depart "around" 1pm ...

Update#3: Boarding was finally completed at 1:05pm (2h10' late), at which point the Captain informed us about the reason for the delay (a technical fault in the break system) and also announced another 30' delay due to ATC restrictions. Generally, the crew was very nice and tried to make up some of the poor showing by excellent service. However, arriving at ZRH with a 2h15' delay the lack of a Business Class Bus complemented the bad showing on ground.

Obviously worst was the complete lack of information, which made it extremely difficult and initially impossible to reschedule my meetings on arrival.

Last edited by swiss_global; May 13, 2018 at 9:20 am Reason: update