FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present
Old May 11, 2018, 10:29 pm
philemer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Carlos_OL
Hey folks, I applied to two Chase business cards, and after several calls I was told they were approving the first one, but that they were concerned about my personal credit limit with them. I asked them if they could then shift some of my personal limit to this new card and they said that they do not do that anymore (no more shifting personal limit to business limit).
So, I still have a second open/pending application but before I call them and ask for a reconsideration I was wondering if I should first access my online account and request a reduction of my limit in some of my personal cards.
What do you guys think? Will that help, or on the contrary would that make me look suspicious?
Thoughts?
So you were turned down for the 2nd card? If so it's too late now, IMHO. If you'd done that a month or two ago you would have had a better chance. You could call the recon. line again and ask them if it would help but I doubt it will matter. Lower all your limits soon and reapply in 50 to 60 days.

Last edited by philemer; May 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm