FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old May 10, 2018, 8:17 pm
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yvr76
Is it even possible to qualify as Platinum under both programs this year considering they're merging in August? i.e. I'll have 50 nights in SPG by July for my 9th Platinum year. So then technically if I got 75 nights in Marriott would that qualify as a 10th year? But would that have to happen before August, as afterwards the nights etc. are all merged and there is no real distinction?
This is exactly what I'm doing this year...hit SPG Plat end of month (9th year Plat), shifting over every single night rest of year to Marriott to get to 75 nights for my 10th year. Pissed at myself for canceling the Marriott Visa as that would be a cupcake way to rack up a bunch of nights. But booking meeting rooms seems to be another cupcake way of racking up nights.

(and clearly, undoubtedly, cheaper & easier than just booking many many 3x rooms under SPG methods @:-))