FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Joint Venture Between Korean Air and Delta Announced — Effective as of May 1, 2018
Old May 8, 2018, 1:18 pm
wlau

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Where did you hear this? I flew KE last Friday and was able to select a seat in advance by calling. Didn't online check-in but was able to use the Morning Calm line (no Sky Priority line) at the new ICN T2. KE doesn't have preferred seating; all the economy seats are the same basically (and they are definitely more comfortable than DL economy, and comparable to C+ with pitch).
Customer Relations.. just got off the phone with them... told me there is a new policy posted in the system dated 5/8.

The issue is I ticketed the flight with a seat assignment that was firm enough to be on the receipt but KE unseated it. Diamond and codeshare desks try to seat me many times and they too can't make it stick. I then dealt with ICN Terminal 2 managers, they all told me advance seat selection is not available to Delta passengers. Basically DL just confirmed it to me today, which was not the case last week. I came back on Saturday - and they did musical chair with my seat assignment.

I also kept screenshots from KE website for 1) advance seat request; 2) 24 til check-in, in which their system threw back error message saying codeshare flight is not eligible. I used both 006 ticket number and a KE locator in my attempts and all failed. I subsequently ran into some PM and DM at the KE lounge in ICN, they too cannot check-in or select seat.

I should be more clearer - i recommend DO NOT book TPAC segment on KE. The Intra-Asia segment is probably bearable if you are only flying for 2 hours even if you can't select your seat.

I came into ICN with CI flight, which landed in T1, and had to do this bus ride from T1 to T2, which was like 30 min of non-stop driving. It felt like driving between San Jose airport and San Francisco airport, very far, but when I looked at my GPS records, T1 and T2 are not that far apart, but the roads are build to go around the super long way. If you want to cut that time down a bit, you can take paid train!! Yes, airport transfer requires paid train - that's a freaking joke!