FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I hate business travelers.
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2018, 5:12 am
NYTA

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I'm a frequent business and leisure traveler and the only difference is that when I travel for business I'm alone and when I travel for leisure I'm with my wife and/or kids, all of whom are worse travelers than I am so we probably end up disturbing other people like the OP a lot more when traveling for leisure. (Usually me shouting at the kids to stop misbehaving or whatever). When it's just me alone on a business trip, I'm at my window seat usually asleep, reading or watching a movie - not even talking to other people. I don't even talk to other people in the lounge unless I run into someone I know and usually it's a less than 5 minute conversation. I enjoy the solitude of business travel.

"crowd the dance floor"? Where are business travelers going dancing? I have been traveling for business for 25 years and the very rare times I ever danced while traveling for work were at private, corporate sponsored parties arranged around a conference which, by definition, was exactly what you were hoping for - a lounge for only business travelers where you wouldn't see them as you wouldn't be invited!