I hate business travelers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I hate business travelers.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2023, 10:28 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
It would be interesting to see how business travel and travelers have changed since Covid, considering that now there are as moany leisure travellers (if not more).
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by invisible
It would be interesting to see how business travel and travelers have changed since Covid, considering that now there are as moany leisure travellers (if not more).
this typo wins FT today
Old Jun 28, 2023, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by invisible
i havent seen a difference. There are still just as many self-important ones crowding the gates as before with three carryon bags and a Bluetooth in their ear.

If anything, the OPM flyer has gotten grumpier because there is so much less upgrade space to go around these days and work only allows purchasing of Y.
SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
i havent seen a difference. There are still just as many self-important ones crowding the gates as before with three carryon bags and a Bluetooth in their ear.

If anything, the OPM flyer has gotten grumpier because there is so much less upgrade space to go around these days and work only allows purchasing of Y.
I feel like everybody is grumpier because so many airline operations are not as efficient/effective as they once were. In their race to complete stock buybacks and pull capital out of the enterprise to pay executives more than ever, they've neglected IT systems and basic staffing requirements throughout the operation, resulting in worse outcomes for everyone.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Compared to what? Leisure travelers that show up to the lounge (cc entrance) with several miserable juvenile delinquents that run all over the place while the parents get smashed on the free booze while engrossing themselves in their phone.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 8:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It seems to be leisure travelers that have been driving prices up like crazy and packing up the planes and places in the last couple of years. A lot of this is a function of a lot more remote working flexibility than there used to be for a traveling household member, and so such households have gone from primarily business travel alone to primarily leisure or hybrid travel (whether alone, as a couple/family or in other groups).
moondog, SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I fully support any business travelers who can bring their family for part or all of the trip. My father traveled a lot when I was younger and I enjoy my memories of family trips when he had to work during part of it. Now a lot of my friends have big business travel and I definitely hear about it when I’m driving their kids in carpool. My child’s volleyball teammate was definitely bummed out that her father couldn’t attend the volleyball championship match. Mega bummed. I was there and I STILL rewatch my videos of it.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC
Originally Posted by Badenoch

... a social class probably more suitable for his position in life.
LMAO, how true.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:44 pm

What grinds my gears is travelers of whatever type verbally abusing airline staff while demanding something that they are not entitled to or that the employee cannot provide. I really can't blame customer-facing employees not being able to deliver good customer service after being on the receiving end of that sort of barrage. Case in point, I once observed a passenger deliver an abusive and obscene tirade about a delayed bag - as if enough abuse would cause the bag to materialize on the spot. It's not like anyone is earning trust fund money as a gate agent or baggage clerk.
SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Exactly. Rude behavior by passengers speaks for itself, and says more about themselves than anything else they may say or do.

Let us pray that hard-working customer service employees may learn to let the abuse "slide off", and not be personally affected by it. 🙏 ✈

Life is hard enough without internalizing mistreatment, or taking it out on others.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 5:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by twb3
What grinds my gears is travelers of whatever type verbally abusing airline staff while demanding something that they are not entitled to or that the employee cannot provide. I really can't blame customer-facing employees not being able to deliver good customer service after being on the receiving end of that sort of barrage. Case in point, I once observed a passenger deliver an abusive and obscene tirade about a delayed bag - as if enough abuse would cause the bag to materialize on the spot. It's not like anyone is earning trust fund money as a gate agent or baggage clerk.
Not only is it bad behavior it is monumentally stupid. That gate agent or baggage clerk is the only person in the immediate vicinity who might be of any help. Put me on the receiving end of a tirade and you can be damn certain your problem will be the very last one I solve.
SPN Lifer, Boraxo and Kevin AA like this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 10:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by twb3
I never get what people hope to achieve by losing their cool and getting angry at the very people on whose help they are counting — the very people who are more likely to help them better if treated politely than if treated obnoxiously.

While the self-defeating travelers are in no short supply, I certainly haven’t seen this behavior be any more characteristic of US business travelers post-9/11 than it is with other travelers.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.