FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In Town Check In For US Flights suspended from 26 Oct
Old May 4, 2018, 6:32 am
andersonCooper

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Personally, I do not mind the security interview as I have found out that once they saw I have so many of their 'stickers' on the back of my passport, they just ask the most basic questions and the entire 'interview' is hilarious (if you speak cantonese - all I say is 'mo, mo, mo')

The only sad thing is we can't check in at the 'white zone' anymore, although sometimes theres a bit of a wait as there's only one counter for F (shared by 884 and 870 when I fly 806) but again quite minor in the grand scheme of things.

What I mean is this doesn't stop me from flying CX lol. And OP shouldn't really have to worry about it - it's not as inconvenient as you envision!
I wish the "mo mo mo" worked for me lol
Last time a middle age man interviewed me, longer than my actual immigration interview after landed:
1)What's your purpose of the trip?
2)Show me your printed itin (I was like "????")
3)Did you pack your bag yourself? Any batteries in your bag? any knife and weapons? (showing a graph) Any liquid or weapons in your carry-on?
4)How long did you stay in HK? What did you do?
etc etc

[Moderator feel free to delete the questions]

More annoying than the Europe interviews I had IMO.

While the CPB officer was totally chill and "welcome back and have a good night".

But I 100% agree with the inconvenience is minimal and does not prevent me from flying CX.

Last edited by andersonCooper; May 4, 2018 at 6:38 am