FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old May 4, 2018, 6:30 am
phltraveler

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by pageboy
I have 650 nights with SPG and 7 years Platinum- plat100 today. I am SPG LTG.

I have another 142 nights with Marriott, mostly through credit card and 15 nights yearly- no elite years. What will I be on August 1? And what will my status be January 1?
Originally Posted by pageboy
[Nights in 2018 thus far]
26 stays, 51 nights SPG
3 stays, 6 nights Marriott
Let's split the topic into parts.

Status as of August 2018
Your current status of Plat100 will map to the Platinum Premier with Ambassador level per here, there's no questions on that.. The spend requirement of this tier ($20K) will not be enforced to keep your ambassador for rest of 2018.

Status as of August
Your status in 2019 beyond the end of February 2018 (when status from the prior year expires, unless renewed) is dependent on your stay activity in 2018. These will be combined. Your number of stays isn't relevant as the 2019 qualification criteria in the merged program is nights alone.
With your current stays [51 nights SPG + 6 nights marriott], at 57 nights you would get Platinum in 2019. If you reach 75 nights combined before end of 2018, you'll be Platinum Premier. If you reach 100 nights combined in 2019 AND have $20K in qualifying spend (has not been spelled out explicitly as to what this is, but likely room rate + qualifying hotel charges or room rate alone), then you will be Platinum Premier with Ambassador in 2019 as well. If you hit the nights but not the spend, no ambassador or Your24 from March 2019 onwards.

Lifetime status.
Since you earned SPG LTG as part of the SPG program, that maps to Lifetime Gold (25 night level) in the new program. No breakfast or lounge access.

For earning LTP in the new program (50 night tier, qualification criteria is 600 nights + 10 years Platinum), you have almost 800 nights combined between Marriott & SPG, so you've met that requirement. However, you only have 7 existing years of Platinum, so you're three years short. In order to earn lifetime platinum, you will need to make three more years under the new program criteria for Platinum, which is 50 nights/year. Once you reach 10 years of Platinum, you'll be lifetime platinum.

If your stay patterns support hitting the 50 nights for the next three years, then it's just a matter of time. Earning a higher status (Plat Prem @ 75 or Plat Prem w/ Ambassador at $100+$20K) still counts as another year at Platinum. If you can't hit 50 nights in a given year organically but can get some activity, you could potentially buffer up to 50 nights with Rewarding events (grants 10 elite qualifying nights per meeting, meetings can be $100 or less at many properties), assuming this benefit stays in place (intact as of August 2018, but Marriott could reduce/eliminate this benefit in the future).