FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In Town Check In For US Flights suspended from 26 Oct
Old May 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by jmj9905
QRC3288
While I certainly don't fly any where near as much as you do. I have been volunteering in the Philippines for 15 years and usually fly through HKG. So while I understand your issues I remember 9/11 and many incidents after that. It's interesting to me that you chose to ignore the fact that the president of china has trashed their constitution and made himself president for life ala Mao Tse Tung (excuse the spelling). Seems to me that's a more substantive issue than what you call "dumb" security issues.

YMMV
Yikes mate. I'm not ignoring anything...this just isn't the proper forum for Chinese political opinions. I'm not going to wade in here. Suffice to say I obviously have plenty of my own political opinions that will go unshared here. Who knows maybe we even agree on things.

Just to correct your statement, I certainly didn't say I ignored Chinese politics, that's a rather misleading statement you've made and irrelevant regardless. I did happen to have a front row seat to the interview policy thing that is mandated on CX flying to the USA and that you asked about, and is subject of this thread.