FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In Town Check In For US Flights suspended from 26 Oct
Old May 3, 2018, 7:46 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by kaka
Back to FT, have you considered flying other options then? Or... how did you find the other options you took?

Yea, I have. Those flights weren't all CX. Nonstop from HKG i flew SQ, I do this a few times a year regardless as they have a SFO nonstop. I also flew JL a few times to the US last year and they don't do the interview thing, although it's not apples to apples since I'm obviously in Tokyo. They're excellent. Even though JLs F seat isn't as wide as CX's at the shoulders, the mattress pad doesn't go to my feet and I prefer CX bedding (I realize this sounds like a lot), overall I still sleep great and it's nice to a) have no risk of talking in galley and b) far superior F & B. I don't fly to Tokyo explicitly to use them, but I have enough business there it's easy to "make it work". I also flew EK, but that's really not apples and oranges.

I don't know how CX extricates itself from this silly policy, but from what I hear it's not going to be implemented to all airlines as initially advertised after all, and it seems the push has stopped. So for this small piece of the expetience, CX is sitting on a uncompetitive product offering compared to some competition that doesn't have to do it. I hope they can end it but I'm not optimistic.