FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA's Micronesia Island Hopper - consolidated questions, advice, ....
Old May 3, 2018, 2:03 pm
PaxALotl

Hi all -

I have always wanted to have some excuse to fly the hopper, and I might have one but I can't figure out if it's realistic so I wanted to ask for opinions.

My 'need' is to spend about 6 days in Philippines. I would do maybe 4 days in MNL and 2 in DVO, but it's easy to catch a domestic to DVO so really we can consider it a MNL trip.

My 'want' is to (a) fly the hopper 'cause I love the scenery and the crazy route and (b) rack up some PQM along the way, since I am going to be close to UA Platinum this year.

My 'advantage' is that I have some date flexibility - can go anytime between late June and late September. Also, my business is paying for this, so it doesn't need to be a rock bottom fare.

My departure city is DEN but I can easily book from LAX or SFO or however this works.

It seems to me that, geographically this could work - Guam and HNL are roughly 'on the way' of my route so I figured maybe I could sort of force this itinerary to work. I am trying to find flights that would take me on a reasonable route to MNL, but then do some island hopping and HNL to DEN on the way home. There are direct flights HNL to DEN so I could also book that separately if need be.

Anyways, sorry for long-winded setup! My question is:

Does this even make sense? I see plenty of routing but using Google Flights I can't seem make it come up no matter what I do. How do I get these fares in front of me?

Any opinions or advice much appreciated!

thanks

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 4, 2018 at 1:13 am Reason: Merged into hopper thread