FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2018 master thread)
Old May 1, 2018, 7:37 pm
daslax

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by wlbellows
Thanks. I already have the MCE seat, but on the phone now. $275 change fee + they are refunding the MCE from the previous flight.

They are letting me go ahead and get the confirmed upgrade if I move to the earlier flight. I have no status with AA, so I figure my upgrade chance is pretty slim to none if I stayed where I was I would imagine? Let me know if thoughts are different.

This is for business travel though. Only thing I really have to pay out of my pocket is the $275 change fee (which $75 is getting eaten by my Chase Sapphire Reserve), my company is paying the $350 co-pay for my upgrade & OK with keeping the $150 from the MCE expensed since I'm going straight 100% econ on my flights all the way to DFW-HEL.
If you just booked this last night, as stated in your original note, why not just refund the original ticket (no charge within 24 hrs) and rebook as desired?