FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA PreCheck Expiration Date Questions
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2018, 4:49 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Hi,
I have a TSA-Pre, Known Traveler Number, but I don't have the original paperwork. I believe it expires 5 years after issuance, but I can't recall if mine was 4 or 5 years ago.
Is there an easy way to verify the expiration?
Also, I want to purchase Global Entry next time, and I think TSA-Pre is included? So can I buy Global Entry and that will add an extra 5 years onto my TSA-Pre?
thanks.
Even though Global Entry members receive PreCheck privileges, the programs are run by two separate entities and applications are made though different websites. Applications for Precheck are processed by the TSA and Global Entry applications are processed by the CBP.

When you apply and get approved for Global Entry, you will receive a new KTN and your GE expiration date will be five years from your next birthday following the approval date. It will have nothing to do with the current expiration date of your TSA PreCheck.

I suggest checking the DHS Universal Enrollment portal to find out how to check the expiration date of your PreCheck status.