FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott LTPs should have gotten LTP - not LTPP
Old May 1, 2018, 4:05 am
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by SHLTP
What I wish Marriott would do... come out and say for upgrades etc that all plats are undistinguishable. That is was SPG did. A plat was a plat for upgrades on arrival regardless if earning by stays or nights. I never noticed a difference in terms of upgrades between plat 50, 75 and ambassador.
While it would be welcomed by plenty of people (myself included) but then it not a very good idea to implement.
It will reduce the incentive for people to reach 75 as the extra benefit is not significant.

But then again the wording on the program website is the same for all Plt tiers ..... Enhanced upgrades based on availability including select suites
So member can take it as all three tiers will have same treatment

I mention before in one of the thread (forgot which one as there are plenty of them) if marriot want to differentiate the upgrade treatment, they might use different wording

say :
PLT : Complimentary upgrades based on availability including select suites
PLT P 75 : Enhanced upgrades based on availability including select suites
PLT P 100 : Priority upgrades based on availability including select suites

With all these wording, members could see clearly that plt 100 will have better priority than 75 and so on