FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott LTPs should have gotten LTP - not LTPP
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:02 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
For Marriott, there is a different code for PP than Plat. I suspect they'll keep those codes. At properties where the GM has trained the FD folks to understand and recognize the codes, they thank me for being a PP and proactively upgrade me to suites. At properties where they don't recognize the code and thank me for being a plat, they don't upgrade me without asking. Unless Marriott is changing its reservation system, we'll be P6, X4, and perhaps M0.

In the SPG world, what does the FD agent see that distinguishes between plat 50, plat 75, and ambassador?
My UG rate is actually pretty good. It might have actually gotten better when I went back to being P after several years at PP but I figure that is because I stay in Asian and strange US properties as opposed to big city Marriotts. I worried what would happen when I was busted back down to P and there is absolutely no difference other than a FD clerk no longer thanking me for being PP which rarely happened anyway.