FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX - SIN Mileage Run
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:19 am
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Regarding the outdoor gardens, I don't recall if it was all or some, but at least one of them allowed smoking, which killed off the "fresh air" aspect. Might have been the Sunflower lounge.

The flight itself is more bearable than many give credit for. There may actually be something to the higher cabin pressure in the 787 making a difference. I've done two round trips so far, both surprisingly tolerable in coach. Just remember, in a 3x3x3 plane, an aisle in the middle section is best because you'll only have one person climbing over you, and there's a 50% chance he or she won't. Stats aren't so favorable for the outside two sections!
Lord help me if I ever make a MR of this length in coach. Even in Business, I begin to wonder if we are ever going to get to our destination. I'm slowly making it back to 1K this year, in the most painful way possible, purely domestic travel with more 200's and 145's than cool mainline or even 170/175's, 700's. Not by choice, just focused on what is best for schedule and client needs. But no way am I making a MR in coach for a long flight such as this, I'll continue to suffer with Gold or Platinum.