FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:22 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just finished our week at the Boscolo / Naiadi. Overall, it was an excellent hotel and a very good stay for us.

Location: it's not "right by the station" to the point where you're affected by station traffic, noise, etc. It's a 5-7 minute walk. We had three daytrips during our weeklong stay (Florence, Naples, and Orvieto), so we were happy to have some proximity to the station. The hotel is also directly on top of the metro, which makes your trip over to the Vatican or down to the Colosseum quick and easy. I don't think any of the Marriotts/Starwoods in central Rome are in a *bad* location, but I'd rate this hotel the best if you think you're going to need a train or metro anywhere, and the Pantheon Iconic the best if your entire stay is going to be in Rome and you can handle everything on foot.

Room: we had specifically requested two twins, so this may have taken us out of the running for significant upgrades. We were given a nice room at the end of a floor facing the street behind the hotel with minimal noise. We were pretty happy with it. Lots of floor space in the room, which we were *not* expecting given the note on the website that the room had a hard limit of 2 people. We may have been given a minor upgrade from a smaller room type - I don't know and it wasn't mentioned. Room basics like Wifi strength/speed, hot water, lighting, number/location of power outlets, etc. were all more than adequate.

Breakfast: the "continental" portion of the buffet was great - good meats, cheeses, fruits, breads, and juices to choose from. The "British" portion of the buffet left a little to be desired...eggs, sausages, something approximating bacon, and some kind of potato were all a little bit off in my opinion. I saw one or two people ordering more of an American-style breakfast from the menu, but we never tried it. (Eggs benedict was one thing I noticed being ordered.) They don't start serving in the restaurant until 7AM, but there is 24-hour room service if you need it.

Last edited by pinniped; May 21, 2018 at 9:28 am