Old Apr 29, 18, 3:32 pm
Zorak

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Data point for Routine Service:

3/29 mailed to TX processing center (CA resident)
4/3 application showed up in the system at https://passportstatus.state.gov/ with a quoted timeframe of 4-6 weeks; registered my email address
4/10 received an email that my application had been received and was being processed but no info that I hadn't already gotten from the status web site on 4/3
~4/16 reported status changed from "currently being processed" to "final processing stages" and said I should have it by 4/23
4/18 received the new passport only today (with an insert explaining that the old one/identity documents may be returned in a separate mailing)

Out of curiosity I checked and the status in the system still says "final processing stages" and the only email I ever received was the one on 4/10.
Followup:

4/23 old passport received via regular first class mail; although the return address says Sterling, VA the printed postage/mark in the upper right has the same 03801 zip code the new passport was sent from (Portsmouth, NH passport center)

4/29 received an email today:

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been printed.

Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxxxx.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 04/23/2018.

bottom line, I wouldn't rely on the email notifications; check your status online periodically if you are the OCD type like me.