FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:48 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by Lctkw
Did up a review of Conrad Hong Kong based on my stay last Christmas (late, I know).

Short version: I really liked the location and the lounge, but find the ageing state of the property to be rather off-putting. All in all, found it way too expensive for what you get...

I know lots of ppl really seem to like it, though. What makes it worth the cost? Is it just relative to what else you can get in Hong Kong?

Also - haven't seen anyone share about this decidedly un-yellow duck I received in the bathroom. Anyone knows if it's permanently replaced the old yellow one? Or is it perhaps a festive version?

Can confirm. This was my 'harbour view'...
I really love Conrad HKG personally although, if I didn't get Elite perks, I'd probably prefer Intercontinental.
Having stayed in few different Conrads in Asia, the staff at Conrad HKG are the most flexible and down-to-earth.
They don't try to nickel-and-dime you for extras.
Although the lounge food is somewhat mediocre, I love the staff and there's always seat available.

I don't get the sense that the hotel is outdated. I think everything is maintained very well.

As for the duck, yours looks really cool. When we last stayed, that was right before your stay (we stayed in late Nov) and it was still the yellow one. Yours looks like the one from Macao. I hope that's a new permanent one.

Let's face it... harbour view from HKG side is never going to be great. Yeah if it's sort of distracting to have Shangri-la right in front (a room to the right of EL would help, as someone else said). But then it seems like you got to enjoy both views of the harbour and the Peak.