FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:13 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tobytobsen
Hello @sdsearch - i was referrring to the offer link from ther wiki "120k (for first $12k in purchases) + 7.5k AU, AF waived first year."

So, i have not opened a new cc in the last almost 4 years - can i cancel the current marriott card and reapply for the same one as well as open a business card? How long do i have to wait after closing the consumer card before being able to apply for the same one again to receive the signup bonus?

Thanks!
Please read the wikipost at the top of this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...17-onward.html

especially items 1 (about how close together to apply for two cards) and 8 (about applying after cancelling the same card).

Those answer are not Marriott-card specific, they apply equally to all Chase cards.

The only questions that are Marriott-specific are which offers still work (the wiki here answers that) and how long they will continue to work (nothing answers that officially, but there's a possibility that links for the current personal card could start dying soon, given that it's being replaced (for new applications) with the new card in early May.

So I'd say cancel the current personal card RIGHT NOW (if not yesterday) if you want a chance at reapplying for it, given the recommendations in item 8 of the wiki of that other thread.