FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:38 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by steve64
Well yea ....
The sign doesn't mean "we are currently at capacity". If it did, then they could start with a standby line ... one person out = one new person in.
The sign is more "we expect that if we let all qualifying folks in now, that during the next 'peak' we'd hit capacity and have to turn away our own members. Therefore we're limiting secondary access at this point to ensure at the next peak we will still have room for primary members". They have a high level idea of anticipated member arrival during the next group(s) of flights. Available capacity right now does not = capacity for primary members 30 minutes from now.
I totally get that, but since they seem to have such a great idea about when these "peak periods" are going to be, why not just post hours on the PP website when access will not be granted? Lots of other airline lounges do that and it seems to work out fine....not to mention it makes it way easier to plan for PP members....right now it's like a total guessing game about whether the sign will be out or not (although it's mostly out all the time now so I suppose a lot of folks like myself don't even plan for it to be open regardless or time/day).